Welcome to Another Carpathian Nightmare's Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Another Carpathian Nightmare's Forums

Home to NwN CEP server, ACN created by Milliorn and currently hosted/developed by Dodgy

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Go down 
+4
Hex
yoda sez
Cainsdefeat
Da Baer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Da Baer
Little Tart
Da Baer

LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Empty
PostSubject: LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE   LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 9:35 am

I find it funny you all bitch about the scroll using how about using party to hop to a person for a kill, or removing con gear to avoid death....

at least the scroll spammers arent exploiting the game, the game and dnd in general favors magic but taking advantage of the computer aspect... thats LAME
Back to top Go down
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Gameworld.Detail&am
Cainsdefeat
Experienced Noob

PostSubject: Re: LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE   LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:03 am

Da Baer wrote:
I find it funny you all bitch about the scroll using how about using party to hop to a person for a kill, or removing con gear to avoid death....

at least the scroll spammers arent exploiting the game, the game and dnd in general favors magic but taking advantage of the computer aspect... thats LAME

Most scrolls are fine, scrolls like time stop, mords, FoD, destruction etc are LAMEEEEEEEEEEE in PvP. Port to Leader is Lame I agree, had Hasher do it twice yesterday to me but I can live with it. If possible remove port to leader, ACN isn't that big that everyone can't just run to where they need to be. This would increase running into people more which would increase pvp.

I'll go ahead and mention this which I thinks is lame, twice yesterday two different people ran from me in PvP and used transition to escape death. 1st person got away in ravanas while talking shit on shout which I found amusing and the 2nd transitioned into town but died anyway lol. Seems if your locked onto someone and they transition into no pvp area then you still attack albino
Back to top Go down
Da Baer
Little Tart
Da Baer

PostSubject: Re: LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE   LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:28 am

lol no there is a script mills put in ages ago you cant got to town while hostile auto kills....

the best way to avoid the port issue is to stop...tech its against the rules, its an exploit of the game and rules state no exploiting lol

u do a gaunt run your bound to need at least one port...there are some areas you cant run to if you die and want your xp back.......

you ask for a party you should intend to party thats not a hard concept i think
Back to top Go down
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Gameworld.Detail&am
Cainsdefeat
Experienced Noob

PostSubject: Re: LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE   LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:52 am

Just to argue, porting to leader is an option given to players so using it isn't an exploit. Your saying it an exploit but its there for all to use lol. The only way it would be an exploit is if it is posted in rules, even then people will say "I didn't know, blah blah blah". Want it to stop? No not doing it yourself doesn't stop anything, remove port to leader.

Gauntlet could easily have bind points to use if you really need them. MOBS should despawn if area is empty of players, spawns should also despawn after a short period of time to prevent lag. If you die, it takes killing 3 mobs or so to get back what you lost, lol.

I don't completely understand asking for party, intend to party or w/e. I think you mean you NEED port to leader lol. you don't NEED it, you WANT it.
Back to top Go down
yoda sez
Noob

PostSubject: Re: LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE   LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 2:14 pm

I think what she meant by that was party for the right reasons. If you're asking for a party invite, you should be looking to party, not looking to kill someone in that party.
Back to top Go down
Cainsdefeat
Experienced Noob

PostSubject: Re: LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE   LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 2:39 pm

yoda sez wrote:
I think what she meant by that was party for the right reasons. If you're asking for a party invite, you should be looking to party, not looking to kill someone in that party.

Oh my bad. Sorry Desi cyclops

And I agree
Back to top Go down
Hex
Guild Leader >TNS<

PostSubject: Re: LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE   LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 8:40 pm

yeah.. i know what time she was talking about.. and it was lame.. person asked for an invite.. got it.. ported to party.. dropped party and killed..

the consensus was... very lame
Back to top Go down
Bhaal
Noob

PostSubject: Re: LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE   LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:34 pm

Would it be possible to script something to stop suiciding players from not giving up a kill?

Removing con gear caused them to die and not give a kill right?
Back to top Go down
Da Baer
Little Tart
Da Baer

PostSubject: Re: LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE   LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 5:38 am

yeah they were close enough to dead that removing it dropped them below ...disallowing thier flag to be taken.

My point was...this happened with people that were commenting on using timestop...you cant do both...misuse a tool for one thing and complain that others are for another....
Back to top Go down
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Gameworld.Detail&amp;am
Cainsdefeat
Experienced Noob

PostSubject: Re: LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE   LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 6:36 am

Da Baer wrote:
yeah they were close enough to dead that removing it dropped them below ...disallowing thier flag to be taken.

My point was...this happened with people that were commenting on using timestop...you cant do both...misuse a tool for one thing and complain that others are for another....

Sure you can, people do it ALL the time.
Back to top Go down
Bass-Bastard
Devoted Player
Bass-Bastard

PostSubject: Re: LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE   LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 8:27 pm

That happened to me once, I was in Barbarian rage, it wore off , I died, player did not get kill... was lame
Back to top Go down
http://www.yearofthemoth.com
Serafin
Noob
Serafin

PostSubject: Re: LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE   LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 9:09 am

cry cry Razz there is always the winner and the looser if you are msart and have no lag you will survive in other way No
Back to top Go down
lostthoughts
Noob

PostSubject: Re: LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE   LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 2:26 pm

Ever try not partying w/ people that like to port just to pk? If your new and dont know these people, well ya learn something new everyday.

Could put same script on that doesnt allow removal of armor in combat to all items to get rid of the con kills.

Got a runner at hand, use a trapper. Just a suggestion. Im not even sure there is traps in this mod, but there should be Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cainsdefeat
Experienced Noob

PostSubject: Re: LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE   LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 2:54 pm

There are traps sold here.
Back to top Go down
Bhaal
Noob

PostSubject: Re: LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE   LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:01 pm

lostthoughts wrote:
Could put same script on that doesnt allow removal of armor in combat to all items to get rid of the con kills.

Got a runner at hand, use a trapper. Just a suggestion. Im not even sure there is traps in this mod, but there should be Very Happy
I think it would be easier just to give the kill to the last player that hit the player that died.

Also, traps might not give killing blows in the same way that removing con gear wont give a kill.
Back to top Go down
Hex
Guild Leader >TNS<

PostSubject: Re: LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE   LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 11:18 pm

Bhaal wrote:
I think it would be easier just to give the kill to the last player that hit the player that died.

hmnn that sounds like a potentially fairly massive number of script calls
Back to top Go down
Bhaal
Noob

PostSubject: Re: LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE   LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 1:58 am

Worked well on servers like BoW.
Back to top Go down
yoda sez
Noob

PostSubject: Re: LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE   LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 5:33 am

If there's a tested way to prevent cheapness in your death like this, it sounds good to me.

Either making it so he cant remove the gear at all in battle, or giving the kill to the last player to have hit him, would take care of alot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE   LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Another Carpathian Nightmare's Forums :: Off-Topic :: The STRESS ROOM-
Jump to: