Welcome to Another Carpathian Nightmare's Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Another Carpathian Nightmare's Forums

Home to NwN CEP server, ACN created by Milliorn and currently hosted/developed by Dodgy

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running

Go down 
+2
Cainsdefeat
Bass-Bastard
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bass-Bastard
Devoted Player
Bass-Bastard

Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running Empty
PostSubject: Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running   Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:19 pm

Ok. This server has rules.
I do not care what guild you are in, even my own, I will start deleting shit if I catch ANYthing like what has been reported to me.

The Effy Killer script is not a tool for you to pick pocket people. I am ashamed that I have heard 3 seperate reports about my own clan members using this to pick pocket and harrass other players. There is nothing they do to you that will justify this kind of blatant disrepect to your clan, server or the staff.

Exploiting is exploiting. I catch you doing it, no matter who, you will lose 20 levels on the spot. If you are under 20 levels, you lose all levels and go to hell.

Simple.

I will not have people making the server unlivable just because they do not like the rules. If you get to the boss in Ravana's and there is someone there who may be hostile, as well as the boss, it is still considered spawn running to port out. Kill everything that moves then take the normal way out or die a good death. Do not get the eye and port. This does not count if the boss is not spawned. (Running from PVP is still cowardly)

If you are in my clan and you do anything listed here, or break any of the rules in word or in spirit, I will punish you doubly what I punish others. We have a high standard to keep since I am a DM and have the powers I have. As everyone wh has worked with me in the past knows, i do not take this responsibility lightly. I am here to help folks have fun. If ANYONE ruins the fun we are making for others I will not hesitate to fuck them up.

That being said, I will not punish on hearsay. I will punish based on screen shots and my own eyes.

This goes for everyone, not just those in my clan accused.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yearofthemoth.com
Cainsdefeat
Experienced Noob

PostSubject: Re: Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running   Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 3:16 am

Bass-Bastard wrote:
(Running from PVP is still cowardly)

As you stated its cowardly. I'm NOT GOING to chase someone around, and then turn to kill boss THEN BE attacked! This person ran non stop while I tried to attack. I will not play this game. If DMs are gonna continue to harass players, the 10 or so here btw, then the server will quickly be empty. Either its pvp or run away. I'm not going to stand there and chase someone around because they are EXPLOITING the no spawn run rule. Theres a spwn so I have to chase them around in circles? I'm not going to do it. I don't intentionally break rules just to do it, but I'm not gonna play that chasing game. The NO spawn rule can be used the wrong way as well.

One DM took another players million or so XP because of this rule. Another has threatened in the forums to delevel and now Bass has threatened his guild to do twice as bad. Good job, way to get off on the right foot.
Back to top Go down
Da Baer
Little Tart
Da Baer

PostSubject: Re: Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running   Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:00 am

there is more then ten....we have 8 ladies alone...lotd has atleast close to that....there are 3 or so swift tags ive seen...how many in ov??? 4 names i know off hand....without the ones that arent in a guild i can think of 22 people without trying.

and it really doesnt matter if there are 2 people, cant have rules and say well its ok to do this because a dms not on...

weather or not the accusations are true...bass's point is a good one. Ya break the rules he has to punish and whats the fun in that? he doesnt want to have to be the "jerk" of the moment as no dm does....so please dont make him Razz
Back to top Go down
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Gameworld.Detail&am
Bass-Bastard
Devoted Player
Bass-Bastard

PostSubject: Re: Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running   Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 7:15 am

Cain, you are not the one I am referring to on this one. There is a distinct difference between attempting to engage and simply leaving because you can. You know that. You also know why any DM in a clan is held to a high standard than an unassociated DM. I do not have to spell that one out.

I am not here for the drama, but I have to deal with it when all I do every time I log on is deal with 4 different people (this latest log in) who come to me and give me stories about this kind of shit. It is not all OV doing it but OV player have been implicated. Over reacting and hyperbole do not fix the problem. If someone runs around and refuses to engage that is their bad. Not yours. If you react and alow yourself to be lured into breaking rules because of their actions, that looks bad on you both. If your opponent is running and spawns a map (Even a boss map) in the course of their running, they have already broken the rules and should be reported. That is an easy solution.
Back to top Go down
Cainsdefeat
Experienced Noob

PostSubject: Re: Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running   Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:43 am

Understood. I have several issues with this "spawn running".

#1 issue I was faced with is a certain guild leaders behavior and shout spam because one of "his" players was punished for spawning running and its OVs fault. This same player explained to me that it was OVs fault etc. Its not OVs fault if someone outside of the Order of Vengeance gets punished.

#2 Like I mentioned before, but with some more detail this time. Someone on a high level monk toon is on a map and there happens to be some spawns, or a boss spawn, and another player enters the same map and engages the enemy (player), the first player then runs around never actually getting close enough to hit or engage in pvp. Just chasing until they have there backs turned because there trying to kill monsters. Now because of said rule, "no spawn running" your not supposed to leave the map because of the spawn/s. So your stuck chasing someone around and trying to kill the spawn. If someone wants to use this "monk" tactic, I'm fine with that, what sucks is people should not have to stay because of it. Someone laming it in pvp then you should have the right to avoid it, not HAVE TO partake in the lameness.

#3 The no spawn running rule is a huge hassel for the players AND DMs. Example, I'm fighting raks in Ravanas and run into 2-3 people wanting some pvp. 1 vs 3 isn't ideal pvp so a couple OV want to join in. There is no port to leader, which is great imo, so now they have to run to ravanas killing every spawn along the way. Or same situation but at guantlet lvl 4.... For DMs in game playing, everytime someone gets pissy about pvp all I hear is "spawn running" x 100 , so then a DM needs to log off and back on as DM and watch each player.....
Back to top Go down
jajisux
Guild Leader OV
jajisux

PostSubject: Re: Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running   Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:05 am

I was pping a lvl 40 toon with a lvl 27 toon after I was pked and effy auto rezed. I felt bad about it so I voluntarily confessed what I did to Dodgy. He then punished me by deleating the toon in question. I encourage any others who have broken rules to have some intestinal fortitude and come forward with their wrong doings. I think the server would be better without peeps breaking server rules just to improve their pvp score.
Back to top Go down
Bass-Bastard
Devoted Player
Bass-Bastard

PostSubject: Re: Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running   Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:15 am

IMO Cain, if someone runs for more than 2 rounds it is no longer PVP and you are safe leaving them with the spawn responsibility.

I completely agree with that statement. I would only add that as far as I'm concerned, if a runner makes the spawns, then the runner is responsible for getting rid of the spawns.-----Friar
Back to top Go down
masterhawng
Newb
masterhawng

PostSubject: Re: Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running   Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 10:53 am

Heres the kicker, havent seen any OV in days on server and everything has been quiet, no whining or crying from anyone, everyone is playing and having fun, pvp, pvm no issues with spawn running....wonder why that is?

I have a theory on that....
Back to top Go down
masterhawng
Newb
masterhawng

PostSubject: Re: Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running   Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 10:56 am

Bass-Bastard wrote:
IMO Cain, if someone runs for more than 2 rounds it is no longer PVP and you are safe leaving them with the spawn responsibility.
Thing about that Bass, the one running usually dont stop till he gets to town, effectively leaving the chaser with spawn cleanup. Right Cain? =D
Back to top Go down
Cainsdefeat
Experienced Noob

PostSubject: Re: Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running   Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 11:03 am

Wow Hawng, where you trying to make a cleaver point? Cause I don't get it... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bass-Bastard
Devoted Player
Bass-Bastard

PostSubject: Re: Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running   Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 11:16 am

Not when I am logged in...
Back to top Go down
masterhawng
Newb
masterhawng

PostSubject: Re: Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running   Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 12:48 pm

Cainsdefeat wrote:
Bass-Bastard wrote:

I'm NOT GOING to chase someone around
Hypocrite
Back to top Go down
Cainsdefeat
Experienced Noob

PostSubject: Re: Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running   Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 12:50 pm

masterhawng wrote:
Cainsdefeat wrote:
Bass-Bastard wrote:

Hypocrite

Hawng do you know the definition of Hypocrite?

I am not going to chase someone around that will not stop running from me. I never said I won't run around to get an advantage on someone in PvP, if they chose to avoid me when I do run around on a monk then thats there right. I'm not going to Cry on Shout for an hour about it, using the rule "spawn running" for my whine.
Back to top Go down
masterhawng
Newb
masterhawng

PostSubject: Re: Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running   Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 12:55 pm

Cainsdefeat wrote:
Wow Hawng, where you trying to make a cleaver point? Cause I don't get it... Laughing
of course you dont, cause you are a fucking hypocrite . And its were as in, "Were you trying to make a point?" Not where, as in "where are the cookies?" Take this new found knowledge and use it in your next post(s) k?
Back to top Go down
masterhawng
Newb
masterhawng

PostSubject: Re: Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running   Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 1:02 pm

Cainsdefeat wrote:
masterhawng wrote:
Cainsdefeat wrote:
Bass-Bastard wrote:

Hypocrite

Hawng do you know the definition of Hypocrite?

I am not going to chase someone around that will not stop running from me. I never said I won't run around to get an advantage on someone in PvP, if they chose to avoid me when I do run around on a monk then thats there right. I'm not going to Cry on Shout for an hour about it, using the rule "spawn running" for my whine.

hypocrite: : a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

How is running from sewers through Mordavia into town going to give you the advantage in pvp? Like bass said running is cowardly, pussy hypocrite
Back to top Go down
Cainsdefeat
Experienced Noob

PostSubject: Re: Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running   Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 1:12 pm

Thanks for the where and were helps Hawng jocolor

And try not to use name calling in your fail attempt to make yet another silly point. kthxbai
Back to top Go down
masterhawng
Newb
masterhawng

PostSubject: Re: Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running   Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 1:28 pm

Cainsdefeat wrote:
Thanks for the where and were helps Hawng jocolor

And try not to use name calling in your fail attempt to make yet another silly point. kthxbai
Call them like I see them you pussy faggot hypocrite spawn runner
Back to top Go down
Messiah of Hades
Wandering Soul

PostSubject: Re: Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running   Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:37 am

<<<---- runs around in pvp but dont leave the map till all is dead or im dead,high magic server gotta be faster than the buffs like true strike , and divine power ect ,only a fool will stand still and just get pummeled while those buffs are active ,gotta pay attention to whats going on in the fight , move about rebuff when needed and get out the way when ya know ya need to.. and cain we do just fine in lotd with no party portal we have no complaints about getting found 3 vs 1 just make it more kills for who ever ya find cus ya can kill them and they cant port back , was in the sewers the other day ran into a party of 4 lvl 40+ killed them all 4v1 so if 3 ppl is to much for ya then sorry to hear that .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running   Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exploiting, Cheating and Spawn Running
Page 1 of 1