Welcome to Another Carpathian Nightmare's Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Another Carpathian Nightmare's Forums

Home to NwN CEP server, ACN created by Milliorn and currently hosted/developed by Dodgy

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I want a new poll!!!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Terry17
Devoted Player

I want a new poll!!! Empty
PostSubject: I want a new poll!!!   I want a new poll!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:57 pm

I want a new poll.

Yes - I want to continue arguing for new nerfs until noone can kill any bosses,
because I don't think monsters get nerfed.

- OR -

No - I would rather play the game and get new cool content,
that everyone can experiment with and enjoy.

If all this whining for nerfs is so your personal toon can get thier PvP kill numbers up, just let me know.
I'll park a naked level 40 wizard somewhere afk, where you can kill it repeatedly to get your numbers up,
if you will please just quit whining.
Back to top Go down
Cainsdefeat
Experienced Noob

PostSubject: Re: I want a new poll!!!   I want a new poll!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:18 pm

Maybe you should learn more about the game first. Just my suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Terry17
Devoted Player

PostSubject: Re: I want a new poll!!!   I want a new poll!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 4:53 pm

I know enough to realize that most of the requested nerfs are to benifit someones favorite builds. I could care less wether someones favorite build can rack up large numbers of kills or not. I just want something fun to play, even if I get killed in PvP. It's just a game, and the most important attribute of a game is fun. Being able to chain kill someones build because of a nerf isn't my definition of fun.
Back to top Go down
Terry17
Devoted Player

PostSubject: Re: I want a new poll!!!   I want a new poll!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 4:57 pm

Oh,
I don't see why you have to get personal, and imply I don't know how to play. I would prefer some constuctive criticism, with helpful details. I am willing to learn anything you could teach me.
Back to top Go down
Shard
Newb

PostSubject: Re: I want a new poll!!!   I want a new poll!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 4:58 pm

Terry17 wrote:
I know enough to realize that most of the requested nerfs are to benifit someones favorite builds. I could care less wether someones favorite build can rack up large numbers of kills or not. I just want something fun to play, even if I get killed in PvP. It's just a game, and the most important attribute of a game is fun. Being able to chain kill someones build because of a nerf isn't my definition of fun.

lol....

sounds like you don't want nerfs cos right now your build is overpowered and you don't want to lose the advantage you have.

if you think that any of the nerfs suggested are "too much" your deluded, from what i've seen they're all about board.
Back to top Go down
Cainsdefeat
Experienced Noob

PostSubject: Re: I want a new poll!!!   I want a new poll!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:07 pm

I have no favorite build either. I have all crap builds that I want to bank but cannot. you have no clue of why I suggested such things. I don't only know how to play just one type of any build so to suggest what you suggested is just silly.
Back to top Go down
Terry17
Devoted Player

PostSubject: Re: I want a new poll!!!   I want a new poll!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:26 pm

I have one build over level 50, and one build that is level 40. Both have been getting owned in PvP on a regular basis. Way more deaths than wins. If I was worried about my own builds, I would be trying to get more nerfs; not trying to slow them down. I just want to play using whatever we got, and enjoy it.

The fewer nerfs, the fewer toons ruined, the fewer players getting fed up with losing toons to the nerfs.
Every server I've seen die, has been from too much nerfing. I'm sure there are servers that died for other reasons, but I wasn't on them when they died, so I can't speak to that.

As far as Banking exp. I am for it. especially if there is gonna be more nerfing. Banking doesn't affect play balance in any way. It could be very useful to help partially reimburse players for toons lost to nerfs.
Back to top Go down
Shard
Newb

PostSubject: Re: I want a new poll!!!   I want a new poll!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:38 pm

Terry17 wrote:
I have one build over level 50, and one build that is level 40. Both have been getting owned in PvP on a regular basis. Way more deaths than wins. If I was worried about my own builds, I would be trying to get more nerfs; not trying to slow them down. I just want to play using whatever we got, and enjoy it.

The fewer nerfs, the fewer toons ruined, the fewer players getting fed up with losing toons to the nerfs.
Every server I've seen die, has been from too much nerfing. I'm sure there are servers that died for other reasons, but I wasn't on them when they died, so I can't speak to that.

As far as Banking exp. I am for it. especially if there is gonna be more nerfing. Banking doesn't affect play balance in any way. It could be very useful to help partially reimburse players for toons lost to nerfs.

stuff needs removing/balancing.

such is fact, you cannot play a balanced server without balancing things... look at WoW they balance every patch and yet still have millions of players, and they didn't get millions of players till they balanced things.
Back to top Go down
Terry17
Devoted Player

PostSubject: Re: I want a new poll!!!   I want a new poll!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:11 pm

As soon as Dodgy gets a staff of a few dozen programmers, and enough income to pay for it all, I'll be all for patches every day.

But in general, each patche for WoW doesn't make a character useless, and if they do, they have a separate whole staff to help those players out.

Dodgy is one person with a few volunteer DMs, and an occasional player submitting some scripting or areas. Bioware didn't balance NWN for PvP, and they didn't try because it would take too much time away from new content and still not be much more effective.

I have just been trying to show that no matter what nerfs or mods are made, at best it will only change which classes/builds are over powered, and never make them all even close to even.

Just moderate some of the worst cases, and then work on new content.

There have been thousands of server out there over the years.
If I'm wrong, and there is or was a server out there that attained something close to PvP balance, tell us it's name, and that would easily prove me wrong. Heck, if it's still up, I'll go there. I think even Dodgy would have to visit it, just to see if the myth is really true.
Back to top Go down
Cainsdefeat
Experienced Noob

PostSubject: Re: I want a new poll!!!   I want a new poll!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:19 pm

Would be cool to have 0 nerfs on ACN. Making it very unique. BTW Could you please UNNERF Greater Sanc Dodgy. Like Time Stop it has no save but is very useful to a Sorc/Wiz/Cleric.
Back to top Go down
Shard
Newb

PostSubject: Re: I want a new poll!!!   I want a new poll!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:22 pm

Terry17 wrote:
As soon as Dodgy gets a staff of a few dozen programmers, and enough income to pay for it all, I'll be all for patches every day.

But in general, each patche for WoW doesn't make a character useless, and if they do, they have a separate whole staff to help those players out.

Dodgy is one person with a few volunteer DMs, and an occasional player submitting some scripting or areas. Bioware didn't balance NWN for PvP, and they didn't try because it would take too much time away from new content and still not be much more effective.

I have just been trying to show that no matter what nerfs or mods are made, at best it will only change which classes/builds are over powered, and never make them all even close to even.

Just moderate some of the worst cases, and then work on new content.

There have been thousands of server out there over the years.
If I'm wrong, and there is or was a server out there that attained something close to PvP balance, tell us it's name, and that would easily prove me wrong. Heck, if it's still up, I'll go there. I think even Dodgy would have to visit it, just to see if the myth is really true.

problem is simple.

no balanced server because 99% of the players that still play this game still have NO idea what balance is.

its for sure on a pvp server not 3x2d12 unresistable dmg on weapons.
Back to top Go down
Terry17
Devoted Player

PostSubject: Re: I want a new poll!!!   I want a new poll!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:26 pm

Cainsdefeat wrote:
Would be cool to have 0 nerfs on ACN. Making it very unique. BTW Could you please UNNERF Greater Sanc Dodgy. Like Time Stop it has no save but is very useful to a Sorc/Wiz/Cleric.

Instead of banning the spell, how about a 9 second timer?
Back to top Go down
Cainsdefeat
Experienced Noob

PostSubject: Re: I want a new poll!!!   I want a new poll!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:37 pm

Was thinking duration could be calculated by modifier of the caster.

Wizard would be int

Sorc would be cha

Cleric would be wis or cha (which ever would be best)

Base 10 rounds + modifier
Back to top Go down
Terry17
Devoted Player

PostSubject: Re: I want a new poll!!!   I want a new poll!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:54 pm

Even though Greater Sanctuary doesn't have a save, True Sight is suppose to see right through it. Not sure if that is a reality or not.
Back to top Go down
Shard
Newb

PostSubject: Re: I want a new poll!!!   I want a new poll!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:55 pm

Terry17 wrote:
Even though Greater Sanctuary doesn't have a save, True Sight is suppose to see right through it. Not sure if that is a reality or not.

it doesn't. not pre 1.69 anyways.
Back to top Go down
Cainsdefeat
Experienced Noob

PostSubject: Re: I want a new poll!!!   I want a new poll!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:56 pm

Terry17 wrote:

Its true! just bring the spell back then? I think there was no reason to nerf this spell.
Back to top Go down
Shard
Newb

PostSubject: Re: I want a new poll!!!   I want a new poll!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 7:08 pm

Cainsdefeat wrote:
Terry17 wrote:

Its true! just bring the spell back then? I think there was no reason to nerf this spell.

WRONGGGG

Razz

true seeing doesn't affect Gsanc.

i used to play a server where you could use gsanc and run thru tons of spawns to get to the end boss so you could just kill the bosses. (spawns had true seeing too)
Back to top Go down
Cainsdefeat
Experienced Noob

PostSubject: Re: I want a new poll!!!   I want a new poll!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 7:14 pm

meh... shard you jerk. any chance to be right you will have to jump at it Sad I wantz my Greater Sanc!!
Back to top Go down
Terry17
Devoted Player

PostSubject: Re: I want a new poll!!!   I want a new poll!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 7:25 pm

Shard wrote:
Terry17 wrote:

it doesn't. not pre 1.69 anyways.

thank you for the info. That helps.
Back to top Go down
lostthoughts
Noob

PostSubject: Re: I want a new poll!!!   I want a new poll!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:03 pm

I think its supposed to have a will save on it. Even though someone can see the person or spawn with true seeing, they arent supposed to be able to attack/target the person or spawn unless A. they make the save, B. the spell wears off. or C. The person or spawn using Gr. Sanctuary attacks.

Who plays pre 1.69? o.O
Back to top Go down
Shard
Newb

PostSubject: Re: I want a new poll!!!   I want a new poll!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:07 pm

they can't see them.

period.

i was just saying unless they cahnged it (and lets be honest bioware suck at removing bugs)
Back to top Go down
Cainsdefeat
Experienced Noob

PostSubject: Re: I want a new poll!!!   I want a new poll!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:27 pm

The clerics domain greater sanc does have a will save on it. Can we please put a will save on the spell greater sanc?

WoF had a reflex save put on it, why reflex is beyond me but hey... Greater Sanc is a great spell for mages and clerics to have.

Shard TTS sees ALL! You can see them but you can't target them, some spells you can target though but thats a secret :p
Back to top Go down
Hex
Guild Leader >TNS<

PostSubject: Re: I want a new poll!!!   I want a new poll!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:36 pm

Shard wrote:

problem is simple.

no balanced server because 99% of the players that still play this game still have NO idea what balance is.

its for sure on a pvp server not 3x2d12 unresistable dmg on weapons.

There's that word I am sick of again... "balance"

Since you claim to know so much about it.. please explain it.. cos I think its the biggest load of horse shit excuse to remove content that doesn't appeal to individuals. All anyone has to do these days is scream balance and something is gone.

Its a load of crap.. sick of hearing it..

Balance is bullshit.. you have strengths and weaknesses.. and you play them against each other. If that were not the case, we wouldn't honestly bother with half the classes we use.
Back to top Go down
lostthoughts
Noob

PostSubject: Re: I want a new poll!!!   I want a new poll!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:41 pm

Ah lol... see thats where I mixed it up, my bad ^^ (cleric protection domain and gr. sanct.) but its similar. I even went to test it lol Very Happy With the way saves can be crappy at ACN I dont know if this is a fair spell to have in game, then again once the person using it has attacked its gone so... I think a save AND a timer of how often you can cast it would be fair enough imo.
Back to top Go down
Cainsdefeat
Experienced Noob

PostSubject: Re: I want a new poll!!!   I want a new poll!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 11:00 pm

Saves are a challenge at ACN, if you know how to build then you can have saves on different toons.

Clerics/AAs for high will

Paladins/BG for good saves in general

etc etc

Lets not exclude things because people can't just slap on 20 plus to all saves with any toon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I want a new poll!!!   I want a new poll!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I want a new poll!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Another Carpathian Nightmare's Forums :: Off-Topic :: The STRESS ROOM-
Jump to: