Welcome to Another Carpathian Nightmare's Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Another Carpathian Nightmare's Forums

Home to NwN CEP server, ACN created by Milliorn and currently hosted/developed by Dodgy

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

NWN Revisited

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Friar Esad
Lord of All Noobs
Friar Esad

NWN Revisited Empty
PostSubject: NWN Revisited   NWN Revisited Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 6:42 am

Hello again boys and girls. I couldn't figure out where to post this, so here we are. Now, I know I don't generally have much to say/post, but I thought I would run this by everyone here first. I am thinking of sending a letter (it's already been drafted) to Bioware for a tenth anniversary edition of NWN. I am also considering a petition and group for facebook. I am hoping that Bioware sees the need to revisit NWN since their epic failure with NWN2. Also, I am hoping that they agree that since NWN is still alive after all these years, that they will reward loyal fans with a new release. Please post your thoughts on this before I proceed. I WLL send the letter no matter what. The rest depends on the NWN faithful.

Friar
Back to top Go down
Dodgy
Admin
Dodgy

NWN Revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: NWN Revisited   NWN Revisited Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 6:54 am

Im behind it mate worth a try lol lets see if they listen to the little people
Back to top Go down
https://acnv2.darkbb.com
Cainsdefeat
Experienced Noob

NWN Revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: NWN Revisited   NWN Revisited Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 7:19 am

Sounds awesome, diffently worth a shot. However, I dunno how Bioware can make any money from this. Atari and Bioware and others made NWN 1, for NWN 2 someone else was involved and I dunno who has rights to DND rights etc. But I support this, as my first love (for games) is NWN.
Back to top Go down
Friar Esad
Lord of All Noobs
Friar Esad

NWN Revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: NWN Revisited   NWN Revisited Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 8:24 am

Cainsdefeat wrote:
Sounds awesome, diffently worth a shot. However, I dunno how Bioware can make any money from this. Atari and Bioware and others made NWN 1, for NWN 2 someone else was involved and I dunno who has rights to DND rights etc. But I support this, as my first love (for games) is NWN.
D&D was owned by Parker Brothers when NWN1 was released(feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I'm old and don't remember things like I used to.) Bioware still owns the rights to NWN1 and would benefit from selling a new packaged game. Here's the rub, I have been in contact with Bioware for almost 6 months and was told that if they did revisit NWN, they would have to use new writers, and may not make it multiplayer. On the other hand, negotiation is always part of the game, and I intend to negotiate aggressively. I do know that it was floated that if they did revisit NWN and made it multiplayer, they may charge for it. Of course, there are all the legals to contend with, i.e. What is Atari's cut?, Will they have to change the engine due to creative rights? Did Parker Brothers give limited use rights to D&D? All in all it is not just send a letter and hope for the best. It is research, planning, negotiation, timing, and a lot of legal paperwork (which is what I am trained in). Needless to say, I will proceed cautiously from here. One last note, Bioware has expressed limited intrest so far, and may be persuaded to pursue this endeavor with the right amount of interest from its fans. It's definately worth the shot. Anyone with a continuing story for NWN should feel free to post it in the appropriate (stories) section on forums.

Friar
Back to top Go down
Terry17
Devoted Player

NWN Revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: NWN Revisited   NWN Revisited Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:47 pm

Would the legal issues be less with a new expansion of NWN1, instead of a whole new game? I would prefer expanding on NWN1 over a whole new game started from scratch.
Back to top Go down
Cainsdefeat
Experienced Noob

NWN Revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: NWN Revisited   NWN Revisited Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:17 pm

The whole new game would alow for new things, reasons for people to BUY the game. If they can't make any money then they will not do it.
Back to top Go down
Terry17
Devoted Player

NWN Revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: NWN Revisited   NWN Revisited Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 4:45 pm

Avid NWN1 players would probably scarf up a new expansion with a quickness. Less work for lots of sales. Was just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NWN Revisited Empty
PostSubject: Re: NWN Revisited   NWN Revisited Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NWN Revisited
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Another Carpathian Nightmare's Forums :: Off-Topic :: The STRESS ROOM-
Jump to: