Welcome to Another Carpathian Nightmare's Forums

Home to NwN CEP server, ACN created by Milliorn and currently hosted/developed by Dodgy
 
HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Funny or Tragic

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Terry17
Devoted Player


Posts : 80
Join date : 2010-01-11
Age : 53
Location : Tennessee

PostSubject: Funny or Tragic   Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:51 pm

A very common way I've seen to persuade people to your point of view here doesn't make any sense to me. Boiled down to the essentials, alot of the "Counter Arguments" go something like this...

"You're stupid, so I'm right."

Many are just one short sentence, and this seems to be their full informational content.

If you think someone is wrong, you should state the reasons. If you think your idea is a better choice, list pros and cons. If you think I'm stupid, give enough details to make your case, and adding constuctive criticism would be even better. I'm not stupid enough to think I know everything, and I am willing to learn from anyone that doesn't sound like a mouth breather.

Finding a good debate can be better than being right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cainsdefeat
Experienced Noob


Posts : 140
Join date : 2010-01-15
Age : 39
Location : Never never land

PostSubject: Re: Funny or Tragic   Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:15 pm

ok heres my attempt, for shits and giggles....

Mouth breather? I breath from my mouth mostly.... sometimes my nose.

Isn't your highest lvl toon 39 cleric 1 bard? wtf? lol

I've never called you stupid. No more nerfs from me, I will play with what there is now. I understand the majority, for the time being, want it left as is and I can respect that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry17
Devoted Player


Posts : 80
Join date : 2010-01-11
Age : 53
Location : Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: Funny or Tragic   Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:34 pm

Yes, my highest level is 39 cleric/1 bard. I regularly get hunted by dev critters. I have low AC and low fort saves. I'm a str build with dev crit, but no RDD so my DC is lower. I use it for farming gold and loot. I'm easy enough to kill, I get hunted. I think my record is 4 deaths in 3 different dungeons in 15 minutes, by one person. I haven't asked for any nerfs or mods to make my build more effective.

Now that I think of it, I would like the DMs to consider adding Hunting of this sort to the list of what is classed as "Griefing".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shard
Newb


Posts : 35
Join date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Funny or Tragic   Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:40 pm

Terry17 wrote:
Yes, my highest level is 39 cleric/1 bard. I regularly get hunted by dev critters. I have low AC and low fort saves. I'm a str build with dev crit, but no RDD so my DC is lower. I use it for farming gold and loot. I'm easy enough to kill, I get hunted. I think my record is 4 deaths in 3 different dungeons in 15 minutes, by one person. I haven't asked for any nerfs or mods to make my build more effective.

Now that I think of it, I would like the DMs to consider adding Hunting of this sort to the list of what is classed as "Griefing".

or you could learn to play.

38 cleric 1 pal 1 bard/monk is the best you'll get.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cainsdefeat
Experienced Noob


Posts : 140
Join date : 2010-01-15
Age : 39
Location : Never never land

PostSubject: Re: Funny or Tragic   Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:53 pm

Shard wrote:
or you could learn to play.

38 cleric 1 pal 1 bard/monk is the best you'll get.

I'm willing to bet that he has no DS, probably low Cha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry17
Devoted Player


Posts : 80
Join date : 2010-01-11
Age : 53
Location : Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: Funny or Tragic   Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:10 pm

Shard wrote:
Terry17 wrote:
Yes, my highest level is 39 cleric/1 bard. I regularly get hunted by dev critters. I have low AC and low fort saves. I'm a str build with dev crit, but no RDD so my DC is lower. I use it for farming gold and loot. I'm easy enough to kill, I get hunted. I think my record is 4 deaths in 3 different dungeons in 15 minutes, by one person. I haven't asked for any nerfs or mods to make my build more effective.

Now that I think of it, I would like the DMs to consider adding Hunting of this sort to the list of what is classed as "Griefing".

or you could learn to play.

38 cleric 1 pal 1 bard/monk is the best you'll get.

Well then, I don't have the best build. Never said I did. Wasn't trying to make the best build. I was going for a gold/loot farmer that could keep that up for decent periods of time against several types of monsters. It isn't even that good against bosses, but it does farm pretty well.

Try to remember, just because I do not have the same goals for every build I make that you have, it doesn't mean I don't know how to play.

Oh, and please read the first post on this thread,

Terry17
- Funny or Tragic -
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shard
Newb


Posts : 35
Join date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Funny or Tragic   Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:12 pm

Terry17 wrote:
Shard wrote:
Terry17 wrote:
Yes, my highest level is 39 cleric/1 bard. I regularly get hunted by dev critters. I have low AC and low fort saves. I'm a str build with dev crit, but no RDD so my DC is lower. I use it for farming gold and loot. I'm easy enough to kill, I get hunted. I think my record is 4 deaths in 3 different dungeons in 15 minutes, by one person. I haven't asked for any nerfs or mods to make my build more effective.

Now that I think of it, I would like the DMs to consider adding Hunting of this sort to the list of what is classed as "Griefing".

or you could learn to play.

38 cleric 1 pal 1 bard/monk is the best you'll get.

Well then, I don't have the best build. Never said I did. Wasn't trying to make the best build. I was going for a gold/loot farmer that could keep that up for decent periods of time against several types of monsters. It isn't even that good against bosses, but it does farm pretty well.

Try to remember, just because I do not have the same goals for every build I make that you have, it doesn't mean I don't know how to play.

Oh, and please read the first post on this thread,

Terry17
- Funny or Tragic -

who in the right mind makes a "trash" build.

the only reasons i can see for this is to die or your clueless.

don't care about the first post is.

we're trying to improve the server and your trolling everything because you don't want things changing. do you WANT the server to be as popular as it is now? or more popular?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry17
Devoted Player


Posts : 80
Join date : 2010-01-11
Age : 53
Location : Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: Funny or Tragic   Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:13 pm

Cainsdefeat wrote:
Shard wrote:
or you could learn to play.

38 cleric 1 pal 1 bard/monk is the best you'll get.

I'm willing to bet that he has no DS, probably low Cha.

And yes, I have a 10 Cha and no DS.
Good call.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cainsdefeat
Experienced Noob


Posts : 140
Join date : 2010-01-15
Age : 39
Location : Never never land

PostSubject: Re: Funny or Tragic   Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:17 pm

We are giving you details as to why we think what we think about you. You wanted some details. Shard gave you some constructive critism as well.

As Shard pointed out, there is 0 reason to make a crappy farmer because you knew there would be pvp while out and about. So why not make a farmer that you can survive some in pvp?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry17
Devoted Player


Posts : 80
Join date : 2010-01-11
Age : 53
Location : Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: Funny or Tragic   Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:28 pm

Shard wrote:
Terry17 wrote:
Shard wrote:
Terry17 wrote:
Yes, my highest level is 39 cleric/1 bard. I regularly get hunted by dev critters. I have low AC and low fort saves. I'm a str build with dev crit, but no RDD so my DC is lower. I use it for farming gold and loot. I'm easy enough to kill, I get hunted. I think my record is 4 deaths in 3 different dungeons in 15 minutes, by one person. I haven't asked for any nerfs or mods to make my build more effective.

Now that I think of it, I would like the DMs to consider adding Hunting of this sort to the list of what is classed as "Griefing".

or you could learn to play.

38 cleric 1 pal 1 bard/monk is the best you'll get.

Well then, I don't have the best build. Never said I did. Wasn't trying to make the best build. I was going for a gold/loot farmer that could keep that up for decent periods of time against several types of monsters. It isn't even that good against bosses, but it does farm pretty well.

Try to remember, just because I do not have the same goals for every build I make that you have, it doesn't mean I don't know how to play.

Oh, and please read the first post on this thread,

Terry17
- Funny or Tragic -

who in the right mind makes a "trash" build.

the only reasons i can see for this is to die or your clueless.

don't care about the first post is.

we're trying to improve the server and your trolling everything because you don't want things changing. do you WANT the server to be as popular as it is now? or more popular?!

You may find gold and loot "trash", but I like them, and made a build to get them.
I'm not responsible for wether or not you can see my reasons for my own builds.
I am not trolling this thread. I started this thread.
That would make you the Troller, looking for something to complain about.

Your comment "or you could learn to play." was the exact type of post I was venting about on this thread.
Might help to read about the subject of this thread before you object to it, and valadate it in the process.

Heres a copy of the original start of the thread:
***************
A very common way I've seen to persuade people to your point of view here doesn't make any sense to me. Boiled down to the essentials, alot of the "Counter Arguments" go something like this...

"You're stupid, so I'm right."

Many are just one short sentence, and this seems to be their full informational content.

If you think someone is wrong, you should state the reasons. If you think your idea is a better choice, list pros and cons. If you think I'm stupid, give enough details to make your case, and adding constuctive criticism would be even better. I'm not stupid enough to think I know everything, and I am willing to learn from anyone that doesn't sound like a mouth breather.

Finding a good debate can be better than being right.
***************
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry17
Devoted Player


Posts : 80
Join date : 2010-01-11
Age : 53
Location : Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: Funny or Tragic   Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:43 pm

Cainsdefeat wrote:
We are giving you details as to why we think what we think about you. You wanted some details. Shard gave you some constructive critism as well.

As Shard pointed out, there is 0 reason to make a crappy farmer because you knew there would be pvp while out and about. So why not make a farmer that you can survive some in pvp?

Cain,
you have given me some constructive stuff. Pointed out a specific weakness in my build even. Thanks.

Hears some examples from others:

"or you could learn to play."
"who in the right mind makes a "trash" build."
"the only reasons i can see for this is to die or your clueless."

The only information I can draw from these 3 comments is the one I stated in the original post on this thread.
This is the kinda thing I was ranting about. It's allowed here, cause this is the stress room.
This thread isn't about crappy builds, nerfs, PvP balance, or game content.

This thread is about people repeatedly posting responses to others that are nonsense.

"You're Stupid, so I'm right."

If you want to discuss the short commings of my builds on another thread, that would be cool. Would like to hear your input, and give you the reasons for my choices.

Terry17
- Funny or Tragic -
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shard
Newb


Posts : 35
Join date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Funny or Tragic   Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:49 pm

/sigh.

you can't give a reason for making a bad build.

you want items? fine.

you want gold? fine.

if you know how to build which you claim you do, why not build something that can give a challenge in pvp? rather than making something that you're COMPLAINING about getting "grieved" on...

the reason i troll you is simple.

you don't have the ability to go with changes. you seem to think that things are perfect as they are, and they truly aren't. then furthermore you claim that all changes are "fail" and "will ruin the fun". what about fun for the players who don't WANT to have to make a scroll maker because they're overpowered? what about the people who want a good challenge in pvp?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry17
Devoted Player


Posts : 80
Join date : 2010-01-11
Age : 53
Location : Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: Funny or Tragic   Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:58 pm

Shard wrote:
/sigh.

you can't give a reason for making a bad build.

you want items? fine.

you want gold? fine.

if you know how to build which you claim you do, why not build something that can give a challenge in pvp? rather than making something that you're COMPLAINING about getting "grieved" on...

the reason i troll you is simple.

you don't have the ability to go with changes. you seem to think that things are perfect as they are, and they truly aren't. then furthermore you claim that all changes are "fail" and "will ruin the fun". what about fun for the players who don't WANT to have to make a scroll maker because they're overpowered? what about the people who want a good challenge in pvp?

And again, this isn't a thread about builds, nerfs, or anything about the game.
This is a thread for complaining about people posting stupid comments.
The posters may be mentally challenged, lazy or have some other problem I'm not aware of.

If you can post a coherent argument, please do post it in the proper forum thread.
If all you can say in essence is "You're Stupid, so I'm right.", then it might be best if you posted that stuff in the stress room. Venting is good for the soul. That's why I came.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shard
Newb


Posts : 35
Join date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Funny or Tragic   Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:14 pm

Terry17 wrote:
Shard wrote:
/sigh.

you can't give a reason for making a bad build.

you want items? fine.

you want gold? fine.

if you know how to build which you claim you do, why not build something that can give a challenge in pvp? rather than making something that you're COMPLAINING about getting "grieved" on...

the reason i troll you is simple.

you don't have the ability to go with changes. you seem to think that things are perfect as they are, and they truly aren't. then furthermore you claim that all changes are "fail" and "will ruin the fun". what about fun for the players who don't WANT to have to make a scroll maker because they're overpowered? what about the people who want a good challenge in pvp?

And again, this isn't a thread about builds, nerfs, or anything about the game.
This is a thread for complaining about people posting stupid comments.
The posters may be mentally challenged, lazy or have some other problem I'm not aware of.

If you can post a coherent argument, please do post it in the proper forum thread.
If all you can say in essence is "You're Stupid, so I'm right.", then it might be best if you posted that stuff in the stress room. Venting is good for the soul. That's why I came.

you can't play or show NO evidence you can play....

THAT IS WHY YOU GET THE "YOU'RE STUPID, SO I'M RIGHT"

if you showed a decent amount of knowledge for nwn you wouldn't get that treatment.

SO again, its down to your building skills.

again your complaining about being called stupid because you fail to show that when it comes to nwn that you have any knowledge, your just here to have "fun".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry17
Devoted Player


Posts : 80
Join date : 2010-01-11
Age : 53
Location : Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: Funny or Tragic   Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:25 pm

I actually wasn't thinking about responses to my posts. I was mostly seeing it on other peoples posts, and just got tired of reading it.

And even though you seem to be really SLOW catching onto it,
This thread is about posts that are stupid and pointless.
Thanks for the examples, but if you want to rant about me, could you please move it to another thread.

Just remember, I didn't hunt you down to call you stupid.
You came to me to prove what you are.

And since repetition can work with the really slow.
This thread is about posts that are stupid and pointless.
This thread is about posts that are stupid and pointless.
This thread is about posts that are stupid and pointless.

Terry17
- Funny or Tragic -

Gosh, venting feels good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shard
Newb


Posts : 35
Join date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Funny or Tragic   Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:37 pm

Terry17 wrote:
I actually wasn't thinking about responses to my posts. I was mostly seeing it on other peoples posts, and just got tired of reading it.

And even though you seem to be really SLOW catching onto it,
This thread is about posts that are stupid and pointless.
Thanks for the examples, but if you want to rant about me, could you please move it to another thread.

Just remember, I didn't hunt you down to call you stupid.
You came to me to prove what you are.

And since repetition can work with the really slow.
This thread is about posts that are stupid and pointless.
This thread is about posts that are stupid and pointless.
This thread is about posts that are stupid and pointless.

Terry17
- Funny or Tragic -

Gosh, venting feels good.

/yawn.

all your posts are stupid and pointless...

did i win anything yet?

sorry Mr Forum Mod, i didn't realise that i must do as you say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lostthoughts
Noob


Posts : 18
Join date : 2010-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Funny or Tragic   Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:20 am

This stuff is why I hate forums.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Da Baer
Little Tart
avatar

Posts : 120
Join date : 2010-01-19
Age : 38
Location : My House

PostSubject: Re: Funny or Tragic   Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:03 pm

Terry17 wrote:

This thread is about posts that are stupid and pointless.
Thanks for the examples, but if you want to rant about me, could you please move it to another thread.

all i can say is lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Gameworld.Detail&am
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Funny or Tragic   

Back to top Go down
 
Funny or Tragic
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Random Funny Pictures
» Funny Fights Thread!
» Funny quotes
» Some funny maplestory videos... (:
» Funny Chess

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Another Carpathian Nightmare's Forums :: Off-Topic :: The STRESS ROOM-
Jump to: