Welcome to Another Carpathian Nightmare's Forums

Home to NwN CEP server, ACN created by Milliorn and currently hosted/developed by Dodgy

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

spawn running

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Da Baer
Little Tart

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:12 pm

cain......hey i didnt say i disagreed i said i didnt know if it was that easy to implicate lol

as for terry there is a good reasons to "run past" spawns...how about a hider....he cant use his main skill in pve areas because even though the spawns dont see the hider they are still spawned and because of the set up now if you spawn it your suppose to kill it or the server lags out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Gameworld.Detail&am
lostthoughts
Noob

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:02 pm

Another thing... why do bosses despawn? Really bothers me alot with the bosses despawning. If the mod fixers can fix it please do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry17
Devoted Player

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:14 pm

I got a Hider, and she kills spawns a little slower than my dever, but takes less damage. I've been killing other peoples spawn in Ravana's just to help out with the lag issues, even though I could just sneak past them. I figure, why not kill them? I've never seen the killing of spawns as a big deal, unless they are too high a level for me. In that case, I shouldn't be there in the first place. If you can't solo the spawns you make, use another build or better yet, find a group. Groups are more fun anyway.

You can choose to let everything piss you off, or you can choose to have fun overcoming challenges. If the only challenges you like are straight PvP, there are servers that do that. This server requires a large commitment to attain level 60, and it's part of it's character.
It was made this way to cater to people that like that kind of challenge.

I've tried some good servers but they didn't suit me. One gave you levels as soon as you logged in, but I got bored with it quickly. One RP server, it took more than a week to get to level 7, and I found that fustrating.
This server may not be perfect, but It's good. I like playing here so I'm here. If I didn't like it enough to put up with the things that are not perfect for me, I would have found a different one.

I'm more interested in seeing what Dodgy wants to add to this server. He hasn't let me down with any of his new content yet. Not here and especially not on Simply Ways.

Some basic changes were needed, (example: Time Stop freezes the server), but I would prefer to keep them minimal. Make the server playable, and don't worry about a "PvP Balance" that isn't really possible anyway.

Who needs one more hacked up, dumbed down, Nerfed to heck and back server.

This is just my opinion of what I would like, not a statment of what is wrong or right.

Terry17
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lostthoughts
Noob

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:28 pm

Well maybe you have all day to play I get an hour or 2 if Im lucky here and there. More not then often. I cant be bothered killing other peoples spawns. What is the big deal with putting a despawn timer on spawns and a NON despawning timer on bosses? Dont want to nerf stuff?, I have no arguement with that. I think nerfs do make it boring. However with some things, they need it. Like some of the issues already talked about elsewhere on these forums.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry17
Devoted Player

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:31 pm

lostthoughts wrote:
Another thing... why do bosses despawn? Really bothers me alot with the bosses despawning. If the mod fixers can fix it please do.

Good point.
I was on one server where the bosses didn't respawn at all.
But if they ever went out of combat mode (combat song ends), they got healed to full health.
That kept people from killing the boss a little at a time, by coming back repeatedly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lostthoughts
Noob

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:35 pm

I dont know about healing them to full health, but regeneration would be ok. Back to the point of I dont get a ton of time to play, if I had something 1/2 dead and died came back to a full health boss...thats a little rediculas. Though some bosses are meant to be killed with a party, and some should be able to be solo'ed even if someone had to work for it and die a few times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bass-Bastard
Devoted Player

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:07 pm

The biggest problem with spawn running is idiots running from PvP. Either they do not want to fight, which is lame, or they are trying to transition abuse. They run to another map or two to rest and run back and attack a player they could not kill otherwise.

If I see this behavior on the server, I will not delevel, I will simply send you to hell where your entire inventory is destroyed.

This causes lag despite a despawn timer and is simply cheap tactics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.yearofthemoth.com
Da Baer
Little Tart

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:30 pm

Terry17 wrote:
I got a Hider, and she kills spawns a little slower than my dever, but takes less damage. I've been killing other peoples spawn in Ravana's just to help out with the lag issues, even though I could just sneak past them. I figure, why not kill them? I've never seen the killing of spawns as a big deal, unless they are too high a level for me. In that case, I shouldn't be there in the first place. If you can't solo the spawns you make, use another build or better yet, find a group. Groups are more fun anyway.

the issue isnt just when walking around lol weve seemed to lose site of the time this happens most...spawn runners are running from pvp usually or running after a pvp. Especially hunting of flags hiders would have an advantage if... a hider could use his hiding to chase without having the spawns slow you down...or interfer with your buffs or anything like that. and you cant sneak past them tech lol the rule say no leaving maps with spawns on it...and that rule cant be changed until the despawning can be addressed which is what this was about lol
Back to top Go down
lostthoughts
Noob

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:45 pm

Still a despawn timer is needed to get rid of spawns people are leaving on maps while they pass through to futher maps. Not just in pvp. Who wants to kill a bunch of spawns if thier time is limited and just passing thru a map. Its a simple click of a button on a spawn groups properties to change whats the big deal? I have very little patience, Dodgy knows me and various others who know who I really am :O. I have a patience level about this big | |
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cainsdefeat
Experienced Noob

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:53 pm

lostthoughts wrote:
Still a despawn timer is needed to get rid of spawns people are leaving on maps while they pass through to futher maps. Not just in pvp. Who wants to kill a bunch of spawns if thier time is limited and just passing thru a map. Its a simple click of a button on a spawn groups properties to change whats the big deal? I have very little patience, Dodgy knows me and various others who know who I really am :O. I have a patience level about this big | |

ditto
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry17
Devoted Player

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:42 pm

Despawn timer or no despawn timer, I'm ok with whatever y'all want.

I would ask that until the timer gets put in, please kill your spawns.
It sucks when you lose a kill or get killed from a huge lag spike.
It also sucks when a DM delevels you or puts you in hell where your gear gets deleted.
I wouldn't want that last thing to happen to anyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shard
Newb

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:25 am

hmm my issue is why does spawn running create lag?

i mean i once played a server that at anytime had thousands.... if not hundreds of thousand spawns ready and waiting for (you could just Gsanc up and run past them to the boss.... were you'd normally die.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry17
Devoted Player

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:01 pm

It would depend on the server machine it's running on. Has the computer been optimized just to run NWN? Is it used for anything else? If the computer is used by the host for normal home use, then there could be a large number of processes running in the background. If the host logs in using the same computer, there is extra drag from drawing video. It also depends on how many people are logged into the server. Also a biggie, how many scripts are running in the background checking for all this extra stuff used to "Balance for PvP". Then if you throw in drawing models for hundreds or monsters, it all can add up. I'm sure not all these things can cause alot of lag, but maybe if you add them all together. I'm not really sure if any of this is right, but it's something to think about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cainsdefeat
Experienced Noob

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:04 pm

Terry17 wrote:
I'm not really sure if any of this is right

lmao. This goes for a lot of your post....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry17
Devoted Player

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:29 pm

Cainsdefeat wrote:
Terry17 wrote:

What do you think is the cause of some servers getting lag easier than others?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cainsdefeat
Experienced Noob

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:41 pm

Terry17 wrote:
Cainsdefeat wrote:
Terry17 wrote:

What do you think is the cause of some servers getting lag easier than others?

up / down speed and equipment mostly. AND making nessary changes which I don't think happens much at ACN V3, sadly it will strongly affect player base.

3 things that really hurt is Lag, Player Crashing, and Server Crashes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry17
Devoted Player

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:23 pm

So from your statment, you seem to agree with me on 3 of my points. At least I wasn't all wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Da Baer
Little Tart

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:40 pm

shard said
"hmm my issue is why does spawn running create lag?
i mean i once played a server that at anytime had thousands.... if not hundreds of thousand spawns ready and waiting for (you could just Gsanc up and run past them to the boss.... were you'd normally die.)"

as already said servers (just like a comp) vary alot in ability, so the servers specific specifications does have a influence on the ability to run BUT that isnt the only issue....

servers are just comps that arent used to access info directly (at its basic a comp without a monitor or keyboard), the info is accessed via the web....

how the server is accessed has a great deal to do with how well it works....
server has to upload info to the net....the more info the higher the bandwidth use is...hosting provides a certain amount of upload bandwidth and download bandwith....

so for each spawn that is created the server must track its location, its buffs, its actions in anyway along with the scripts for anything related to the specific spawn.....that is a little more info that has to constently flow from the server to the net and back. this intern is divided among the players on...so the more you spawn the less bandwidth left and the slower the connection...

so even if the server comp itself is ok the server can still lag because the upload bandwidth is overly high at that moment.

and as far as the despawn thing goes...yeah its just a click to do but then everytime someone leaves area it has to call a script to check for anything not npc and decide what to do with it.....more scripts add to lag...not sure but at the time the rule was instated this was the best way to avoid adding extra info from being called on.

and great suggestions guys ...but this is a board to bitch and complain lol ya need to place something in the suggestion section Razz
Back to top Go down
Bass-Bastard
Devoted Player

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:26 pm

The other side of this is: Low level area that leads to more desirable area like Silesian Beskids: Someone is there fighting spawns like they are supposed to. Some idiot runs through and spawns the entire map.

Lag is caused, the despawn on exit fails because a PC is present AND that person suffers because of the despawn timer, if implimented, will clear the map where they are trying to level all because one impatient asshole will not follow the rules.

You want sympathy, look in the dictionary between shit and syphilis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.yearofthemoth.com
Dodgy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:44 am

Ok trans sorted added anti pvp script to stop trans abuse/and map running you cant leave map whilst in battle

Enjoyed watching this topic but now I have to lock it
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://acnv2.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   

Back to top Go down

spawn running
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2