Welcome to Another Carpathian Nightmare's Forums

Home to NwN CEP server, ACN created by Milliorn and currently hosted/developed by Dodgy
 
HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 spawn running

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Da Baer
Little Tart
avatar

Posts : 120
Join date : 2010-01-19
Age : 38
Location : My House

PostSubject: spawn running   Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:54 pm

even in all his ranting hades had a veryyyy good point tonight ( and ima kill someone cause this is the second time ive had to agree with him recently lol) the spawn running rule isnt just for kicks...there was a few players that were spawning whole maps and then leaving.

one even seeming to be claiming they didnt spawn the monsters because hades tried to attack and they ran so he was at fault for attack....this is a pvp server? lol

spawning whole maps causes server lag and it sucks lol i never was a lvler in the past but recently became one (even got a toon over 20 lmfao) and now ive been timing out of server and having such lag its killed the fun and im back to sitting in town...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Gameworld.Detail&am
Dodgy
Admin
avatar

Posts : 186
Join date : 2010-01-10
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:25 am

Right guys listen up anyone caught spawn running intentionally will be punished with either a dlvl or item and gp loss this will be up to the dm the rules are there to help server.
I am looking at taking a new dm on aswell one I will be calling the enforcer someone I know who will be firm but fair to take over duties on acn especialy because im in a different time zone.

If any one thinks they can take this role on, pm me here and explain WHY I should choose you as this dm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://acnv2.darkbb.com
Cainsdefeat
Experienced Noob


Posts : 140
Join date : 2010-01-15
Age : 39
Location : Never never land

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:45 am

would be easier to remove this rule and fix the spawns despawn time. If noone is in the area then they should despawn and after say 90 secs nothing happens then they should despawn. More rules is never a good answer imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Da Baer
Little Tart
avatar

Posts : 120
Join date : 2010-01-19
Age : 38
Location : My House

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:41 pm

its not more rules spawn running was always a rule lol just cause no one followed it doesnt make it not there.....

been awhile since i messed with scripts but just changing this and that in the times and stuff on one event can flow to the next and so on...this was the best spot and the rule the best way to work around it... if despawning would work that would solve the issues from everyone.....but til then, gotta use the rules while they are there is the issue at hand cause the lag has been way to crazy lately...ive even had it time out a few times myself (never an issue till the runners been acting up)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Gameworld.Detail&am
Scorn
Newb
avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2010-01-20
Age : 52
Location : Toledo, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:52 pm

area sweepers can cause as much lag as unattended spawns. spawn running is lame. fight well....die well.... not so hard really.




2ยข
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cainsdefeat
Experienced Noob


Posts : 140
Join date : 2010-01-15
Age : 39
Location : Never never land

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:51 pm

people trying to get somewhere that don't feel like killing some lames spawns for shit xp will avoid killing them. DMs will not always be present and nor should they have to be. Make spawns despawn quickly and despawn if noone is in the area Rolling Eyes Its already been proven to work else where.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry17
Devoted Player


Posts : 80
Join date : 2010-01-11
Age : 53
Location : Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:44 am

If the exp for killing the spawns is Shit exp, then killing them would only take a few seconds. PvP should not be synonymous with inconsiderate players. Pretend like other people are playing on the same server. You shouldn't need a rule to keep you from being an ass, just some self respect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masterhawng
Newb
avatar

Posts : 36
Join date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:46 am

Cainsdefeat wrote:
people trying to get somewhere that don't feel like killing some lames spawns for shit xp will avoid killing them. DMs will not always be present and nor should they have to be. Make spawns despawn quickly and despawn if noone is in the area Rolling Eyes Its already been proven to work else where.

NPC at entry, gives you 17 million xp and gear. We can get rid of all the spawn, get rid of about 100 maps all the stores and call it Lazy Land. Wouldnt need a bank or anything else to cause anyone to work to build a toon. Could make Carp full pvp, so you wouldnt even have to leave town to kill someone. That would be hot. scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cainsdefeat
Experienced Noob


Posts : 140
Join date : 2010-01-15
Age : 39
Location : Never never land

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:11 am

masterhawng wrote:
Cainsdefeat wrote:
people trying to get somewhere that don't feel like killing some lames spawns for shit xp will avoid killing them. DMs will not always be present and nor should they have to be. Make spawns despawn quickly and despawn if noone is in the area Rolling Eyes Its already been proven to work else where.

NPC at entry, gives you 17 million xp and gear. We can get rid of all the spawn, get rid of about 100 maps all the stores and call it Lazy Land. Wouldnt need a bank or anything else to cause anyone to work to build a toon. Could make Carp full pvp, so you wouldnt even have to leave town to kill someone. That would be hot. scratch

What you just wrote has zero to do with the topic Hawng. The topic is spawnrunning in case you forget from the time you read the topic down to the last post. You can just look here instead of starting over. SPAWNRUNNING
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shard
Newb


Posts : 35
Join date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:21 am

just add a script to remove the spawns faster (since killing pointless spawns is.... pointless)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Da Baer
Little Tart
avatar

Posts : 120
Join date : 2010-01-19
Age : 38
Location : My House

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:03 am

I think hawangs point is that all the post lately arent to solve problems all the recent suggestions are to dump the rules and create a pit for battle but where you dont work for your toon or gear....

everyone want this out that out this out, wants the server to work for them but no one respects what the server has or offers let alone uses it the way its intended, killing its use for the ones that are here for how it is and not what we think we can talk people into making it lol


why dont we play the game rather then create a whole new one
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Gameworld.Detail&am
Hex
Guild Leader >TNS<


Posts : 43
Join date : 2010-01-13
Age : 46
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:59 am

glad I'm not the only one seeing this..

the amount of stuff I've seen demands (yes thats right not requests or anything but demands) for removal or nerfing of is both staggering and retarded.

I wonder why half the people are even playing NWN honestly... just want everything removed from it.

Meh.. I've given up fighting them about it though.. someone elses turn
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Da Baer
Little Tart
avatar

Posts : 120
Join date : 2010-01-19
Age : 38
Location : My House

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:45 am

furk that im irish i got more then enough fight im me for both of us Hex Wink

I dont know about others but i can to acn because i like how it was.....and thats why ive played the last what 3 yrs i think and it seems all the same players have come and gone basicially...yet here we are again....asking for the same changes that came when the place died out....so are those changes REALLY a smart idea?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Gameworld.Detail&amp;am
Cainsdefeat
Experienced Noob


Posts : 140
Join date : 2010-01-15
Age : 39
Location : Never never land

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:58 am

Is repeating the same behavior expecting different results a good idea?

lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry17
Devoted Player


Posts : 80
Join date : 2010-01-11
Age : 53
Location : Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:42 pm

One definition of Insanity is when you keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

If something on a server isn't exactly the way you want it, why not think of it as a challenge that you and EVERYONE else of the server must meet, instead of a reason to whine for more nerfs.

Otherwise you should find a server you like the way it is. Instead of asking for a pile of nerfs that are not compatable with each other, and end up destroying the servers playability.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cainsdefeat
Experienced Noob


Posts : 140
Join date : 2010-01-15
Age : 39
Location : Never never land

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:21 pm

Terry, man wtf are you on about? The topic in this thread is spawn running noob! There is no nerfs suggested here, only ideas to help with the spawns causing lag. Try to pay attention. Fixing spawns to despawn in a reasonable time isn't a nerf Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Friar Esad
Lord of All Noobs
avatar

Posts : 29
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 53
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:30 pm

If I catch anyone spawn running while I am on as DM, I will temp ban them after only 1 warning. They can then take their gripe to Dodgy (good luck with that.)

Friar
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Da Baer
Little Tart
avatar

Posts : 120
Join date : 2010-01-19
Age : 38
Location : My House

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:38 pm

Cainsdefeat wrote:
Is repeating the same behavior expecting different results a good idea?

lol

before the changes/nerf down hill started going into effect acn was busy all day i wasnt looking for a different result from that time the difference came after the changes/nerfing started....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Gameworld.Detail&amp;am
Terry17
Devoted Player


Posts : 80
Join date : 2010-01-11
Age : 53
Location : Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:12 pm

Cainsdefeat wrote:
Terry, man wtf are you on about? The topic in this thread is spawn running noob! There is no nerfs suggested here, only ideas to help with the spawns causing lag. Try to pay attention. Fixing spawns to despawn in a reasonable time isn't a nerf Rolling Eyes

I did mentioned the word nerf. If you want to change that word to pointless extra scripts that wastes time to write, feel free.

What I don't understand is why bother with the script. Either the spawns are so low a level you get crap exp, but you can clear them out in seconds, or they are harder to kill and give reasonable exp. Do you just want to run past the spawns to more quickly PK someone that is exping there? If they are exping in an area you get crappy exp in, then you are probably griefing some lowbie for the numbers or just griefing them to be mean. Or are you running to the end of the line to farm a boss without the expected work?

If there is another good reason for running past spawns you can kill in seconds, please post them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shard
Newb


Posts : 35
Join date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:40 pm

Terry17 wrote:
Cainsdefeat wrote:
Terry, man wtf are you on about? The topic in this thread is spawn running noob! There is no nerfs suggested here, only ideas to help with the spawns causing lag. Try to pay attention. Fixing spawns to despawn in a reasonable time isn't a nerf Rolling Eyes

I did mentioned the word nerf. If you want to change that word to pointless extra scripts that wastes time to write, feel free.

What I don't understand is why bother with the script. Either the spawns are so low a level you get crap exp, but you can clear them out in seconds, or they are harder to kill and give reasonable exp. Do you just want to run past the spawns to more quickly PK someone that is exping there? If they are exping in an area you get crappy exp in, then you are probably griefing some lowbie for the numbers or just griefing them to be mean. Or are you running to the end of the line to farm a boss without the expected work?

If there is another good reason for running past spawns you can kill in seconds, please post them.

not all spawns can be killed in "seconds"

also if you run past 5 sets of "seconds" spawns in 5 sets of maps.... time adds up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry17
Devoted Player


Posts : 80
Join date : 2010-01-11
Age : 53
Location : Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:23 pm

If some effort wasn't needed, there wouldn't be any challenge. If it's too much trouble to kill some spawns, there are other servers that don't have ANY spawns, or loot drops. There you can get free levels and can buy everthing from a merchant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shard
Newb


Posts : 35
Join date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:26 pm

Terry17 wrote:
If some effort wasn't needed, there wouldn't be any challenge. If it's too much trouble to kill some spawns, there are other servers that don't have ANY spawns, or loot drops. There you can get free levels and can buy everthing from a merchant.

"effort"

its a game you silly sausage.

if i want "effort" i'll play a newer game.

i don't WANT to play those servers.

pvp =/= pve.

i don't want to kill junk spawns because some players don't want to get owned or pvp.

why add pvp at all on this server if your not going to support it?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry17
Devoted Player


Posts : 80
Join date : 2010-01-11
Age : 53
Location : Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:51 pm

Not sure how having a rule against "Spawn Running", precludes PvP or PvE.
Not sure how killing some spawns precludes PvP or PvE.

Not sure how you killing spawns has any relationship to some players not wanting to get owned or PvP. That is unless it has to do with being able running straight to them with fresh buffs and no damage, and getting to attack them by surprise while thier buffs are fading and they are almost dead from killing spawns. That would explain why a server without spawns would be less attractive. There the other players wouldn't be low on health, low on buffs, and would be harder to surprise.

A host can allow PvP, but in all cases, PvP is supported by the players. Batteries not required.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lostthoughts
Noob


Posts : 18
Join date : 2010-01-29

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:46 pm

A despawn timer would be nice on all spawns.... really annoying how you get killed by a giant mob of em when trying to level. I noticed there is a despawn timer on some spawns and it needs to be changed to all. leaving spawns(and people will continue to do this most likely) causes unnecessary lag and prohibits lowbies from using the area sometimes. Annoying for the pker to have to stop and kill the spawns too since the lowbie then knows someone else is on the map via combat music and ports out.

As for banning for it, well thats kind of lame... no offense to the dms but if someone temp banned me for spawn running, that would be the last time I logged on. I wouldnt bother to argue about it on the forums either. The point is to keep the players playing, no?


Last edited by lostthoughts on Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cainsdefeat
Experienced Noob


Posts : 140
Join date : 2010-01-15
Age : 39
Location : Never never land

PostSubject: Re: spawn running   Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:50 pm

lostthoughts wrote:
A despawn timer would be nice on all spawns.... really annoying how you get killed by a giant mob of em when trying to level. I noticed there is a despawn timer on some spawns and it needs to be changed to all. leaving spawns(and people will continue to do this most likely) causes unnecessary lag and prohibits lowbies from using the area sometimes. Annoying for the pker to have to stop and kill the spawns too since the lowbie then knows someone else is on the map via combat music and ports out.

As for banning for it, well thats kind of lame... no offense to the dms but if someone banned me for spawn running, that would be the last time I logged on.


Its nice to see atleast one other person that agrees with me. Besides Shard :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: spawn running   

Back to top Go down
 
spawn running
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Need a running track
» For sale: Batman Play Arts, Spawn + AVP
» running light...
» SHOCKA'S UPDATED SALE / TRADE THREAD (See for note about MOTUC)
» my fravortie song.......lolololol

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Another Carpathian Nightmare's Forums :: Off-Topic :: The STRESS ROOM-
Jump to: