Welcome to Another Carpathian Nightmare's Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Another Carpathian Nightmare's Forums

Home to NwN CEP server, ACN created by Milliorn and currently hosted/developed by Dodgy

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Help! Windows 7 doesn't like meeeeeeeeee!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Scorn
Newb
Scorn

Help! Windows 7 doesn't like meeeeeeeeee!! Empty
PostSubject: Help! Windows 7 doesn't like meeeeeeeeee!!   Help! Windows 7 doesn't like meeeeeeeeee!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 12:11 pm

OK peoples....

I'm in need of yer help!

My 6 y/o pc (that had windows xp on it)'s hard drive got destroyed and since I've already updated that old relic as much as I was willing to, I decided it was time to replace it.

So now I have a new pc with windows 7 home premium. I got nwn all loaded on it, but I couldn't get the 1.69 patch to update thru the game, so I had to go to bioware and dl it manually. Took about 20 minutes or so, but got it dl'd and installed on my new machine.

Now that I have 1.69 installed, I can't get nwn to start! I click the shortcut and the menu screen loads. Good. I click the play button and the menu screen disappears and the nwn eye icon board loads. Good. Then poof. Nothing. It just stops. I can't get it to load at all now.

If anyone has had a similar problem, or has heard of one, or is just plain brilliant and knows how to address this problem I'd sure appreciate any help you could give me...

Having a new comp and not being able to get on and check out acn3 is pissing me off to no end......HELP!!....PLEASE!!
Back to top Go down
Friar Esad
Lord of All Noobs
Friar Esad

PostSubject: Re: Help! Windows 7 doesn't like meeeeeeeeee!!   Help! Windows 7 doesn't like meeeeeeeeee!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 12:42 pm

Hmmm not sure about windows 7 ( i will be picking up a system with it on it in a few days), but on windows vista, you needed to run it in as administrator and/or turn off the user account controls. Since the two are probably similar, I would try those two things first. Hope it helps.

Friar
Back to top Go down
Bhaal
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Help! Windows 7 doesn't like meeeeeeeeee!!   Help! Windows 7 doesn't like meeeeeeeeee!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 4:36 pm

Try going into your nwn folder and running nwmain. You should get a UAC pop-up as well.
Back to top Go down
Scorn
Newb
Scorn

PostSubject: Re: Help! Windows 7 doesn't like meeeeeeeeee!!   Help! Windows 7 doesn't like meeeeeeeeee!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 4:51 pm

Bhaal wrote:
Try going into your nwn folder and running nwmain. You should get a UAC pop-up as well.

Yeah, this is how I was able to get it going. I found this out on my own by dumb luck. Thanks for the quick replies guys, I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help! Windows 7 doesn't like meeeeeeeeee!!   Help! Windows 7 doesn't like meeeeeeeeee!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help! Windows 7 doesn't like meeeeeeeeee!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Another Carpathian Nightmare's Forums :: Off-Topic :: The STRESS ROOM-
Jump to: